Keeping up with myself

N o v e m b e r  0 4 , 2 0 1 5

It's always been difficult for me to keep up with any creative project with any sense of regularity. I'm always changing my mind and generating new ideas. It's hard to keep up with. And whenever a new idea pops up, the old ones just don't seem relevant anymore and I just don't feel like pursuing them anymore. Not that I thought they were bad ideas. On the contrary, some of them I thought were genius (emphasis on the "I"). No, it's just that when a thought is of the past, it's already over and done with in my mind. I can't create things for show. I've tried to do that, and it doesn't work with me. This is why it takes so much time for me to develop any project. This is why I can never finish any project. Since everything is so closely personal to me, no project can ever be finished because I essentially become the project. And I'm always a work in progress. There's nothing wrong with doing things for yourself. I never questioned that. It's just hard to separate what I'm trying to do with who I am. I guess I don't have to, but everything I do just ends up being depressing...









No comments:

Post a Comment